brokenmouse

INSERT FROM URL SSL ERROR - HEADACHE!

brokenmouse

I am at my wits end. I have had a handful of databases that download parts images, diagrams and other files from vendors. They have worked great for years using the Troi url plugin. As of the past several months I have been getting SSL related errors during the file downloads and the developer can't seem to duplicate it on his end. He thought that maybe my version 11 was the issue and he asked me to try a newer version. We have one version of FMP12 in the office so I tried that too. Still got the same errors on occasion. Then found out about the the "Insert From URL" script step and basically swapped out the old Troi step for that one. Worked fine for several months. Now I am running into "Error with SSL" on many sites. It's driving me nuts.

I've seen others with this same issue. But no fix. And yes, everything is visible in webviewer.  Mac 10.11.6 FMP 12

Please help! Thank you!

Josh Ormond

If you open the url in Safari, do you see the SSL error? Can you "trust" it from Safari? Then try it again in FileMaker to see if it works.

• Like 1

Des Group
On 11/19/2018 at 10:28 AM, Josh Ormond said:

If you open the url in Safari, do you see the SSL error? Can you "trust" it from Safari? Then try it again in FileMaker to see if it works.

Having this same issue ---

Insert from URL in FMP 12 Adv returns 'Error with SSL' when there is a valid https: protocol and certificate as verified in Chrome.  Any ideas how to fix this? 

Thanks.

Des Group