The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
john9210

Cannot open FM15 files after uninstalling FM 17 demo

john9210

I use FMP 15 Advanced. I installed FMP 17 Demo on my PC to see how it worked. After I uninstalled the Demo, all my FMP 15 files have blank page icons as shown here.image.png.1bf58378533428de06fbdb6ebb95a8b0.png

The file association seems to be missing. When I double click the icon, Windows 10 asks what I want to open it with and I choose “FileMaker Pro Advanced”, and I select “Always use this ap to open fmp12 files”. But it doesn’t work. I have to do this for every one of my fmp12 files. I have a very large number of files. How can I reset the associations?

I no longer have FMP 12 installed on the computer.

Steve Martino

Are you sure you are selecting 'FileMaker Pro Advanced 15'?  Maybe you removed (or FM removed) some or all of 15 off your computer.

Another option, find 15 on your computer, put a shortcut on your desktop.  Drag a file onto it to open in 15.

Can you re-install 15?  You can contact FM support.  They'll be able to help you re-install 15 on your computer.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.