mjhnson24

Install on TImer

mjhnson24

So if i have a business management (CRM) file and when you open it, it opens to whatever layout but another window opens that is like an alerts or notifications layout that utilizes the Install On Timer or whatever that has a script attached to it that runs automatically every so often or every 5 .minutes but while that window is open and running in the background i'm working in another window and i run a script that maybe loops through customer records and say either send email or doing something to a found set of customers. 

Will the install on timer script interfere with the other window and cause issues between the two since one window in running an install on timer script every 5 minutes and the other window is looping through records doing something that i did manually?

Reason i ask is i have an idea where if i can have a small window open in the top corner of my computer screen that stays open running an install on timer script that just looks for any new alerts or notifications for my user name or maybe it does something other than just get new alerts etc but while thats running in the background i can be working in a completely different window or filemaker file and either loop through 1000s of records or whatever doing a bunch of stuff or maybe creating records for something etc and the two windows don't interfere with each other. Jut don't want cross record issues or anything.

mjhnson24

Anyone know? Basically im just wanting to know if i have one window open that has an install on timer script attached to it that loops through to find and see if there are any new notifications that need to show in that window but have another window open that im working in constantly and need to either loop through hundreds of records to do something with them, will the two windows interfere with each other in anyway? Or if im in another window in layout mode creating or designing another layout or whatever or debugging a script?