wrwaugh

FMGO16 and Google Maps API

wrwaugh

have a project that creates maps and uses a Google API for geocoding and for mapping.  File is hosted on a shared server FMS14.  Maps display fine on MAC and on PC running FMP16.   They worked fine on Filemaker Go until yesterday when the maps display properly for a second then gray out and I get a Google error “this page can’t load Google Maps correctly” and “Do you own this website?”

Any ideas what is up?

IMG_0009.PNG

wrwaugh

I have an API created and paid for 

Ross MacLane

Hi,

Welcome to Google Maps Platform, the next generation of our Google Maps business. We encourage you to visit our new website to learn how our global coverage, accurate real-time data, and scalable infrastructure can benefit your business.

As we announced on June 4, our new pricing and terms of service go into effect today.

What does this mean for me?

If your usage stays at its current level, you can continue using Maps, Routes, and Places for free - your current rate of usage is covered by our $200 free monthly credit.

If you set up a billing account now, you’ll benefit from free, 24-hour Google customer support. Adding a billing account will also ensure that if your usage spikes, your projects will not experience a service interruption.

Thank you for using Google Maps Platform.

Sincerely,
The Google Maps Platform Team

Ross MacLane

You can now use this one API for all maps. I believe you may have to create a project for each instance or website you use...up to seven! Then Google wants more money. Good luck

wrwaugh

I have a paid account and an API Key assigned for the project. The URL includes "&key=" & API_KEY.  I still get the above posted error.  Again, this is only on FileMakerGO 16 on an iPad and not when viewed via FileMaker PRO 16 on PC or Mac.

Ross MacLane

This sounds like it more than likely is a cache issue...if you put the new API in your app/solution "make sure you have the new API installed"...then try clearing your cache, shut down your app and restart, you should be good to go. If you are using a browser for your app/solution, you want to clear the cache in that also before re-launching. It took me several tries when I went through this last month, but doing this solved the issue. 

Douglas Alder

Not as good or fast as Google, a free alternative is Open Street Maps. https://www.openstreetmap.org

Here is an example of cluster maps using OSM.

https://hbase.net/2014/06/24/mapping-from-filemaker-pro-with-openstreetmap-and-leaflet-markercluster-js/

Ross MacLane

Thanks for sharing that Douglas, great article!

Josh Ormond
19 hours ago, wrwaugh said:

have a project that creates maps and uses a Google API for geocoding and for mapping.  File is hosted on a shared server FMS14.  Maps display fine on MAC and on PC running FMP16.   They worked fine on Filemaker Go until yesterday when the maps display properly for a second then gray out and I get a Google error “this page can’t load Google Maps correctly” and “Do you own this website?”

Any ideas what is up?

Check out this page. There are some tips to work through why you are getting the error. https://churchthemes.com/page-didnt-load-google-maps-correctly/

• Like 1