The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
BobOutWest

Timestamp without seconds so i just get hours and minutes (revisited)

BobOutWest

This was a thread in 2010 (with an answer that doesn't seem to apply to my situation) but I was told by the forum to start a new topic.

I have a timestamp field, and want it to not display seconds. In Inspector > Data > Data Formatting , I've set the Time formatting to hmm. However, when I insert current time into it (via a menuitem or script), the seconds display. I can manually delete the seconds, and they remain gone, but I don't want them to show no matter what.

AHunter3

The second display when you manually click into the field or when you use a script step that replicates the act of manually clicking into the field, such as an Insert command.  If you use Set Field, this should not be the case; the field does not become active via the use of Set Field the way it does from Insert Current Time or whatever.

BobOutWest

Thanks for the reply.

On the Timestamp field (with a time format of hmm), I just tried:

Set Field [ Table::theTable ; Get ( Current Timestamp ) ]

... but the seconds remain. Perhaps I need to construct my Set Field step differently.

(I noticed that on a Time field formatted for hhmm , that Insert Current Time works as I want it to.)

Techphan

I just use a calculated field (text result) that searches for the first instance of a colon, then choose two digits longer than that to lop off the second colon and the seconds display.

TimeStampCalc = Left (TimeStampField; Position (TimeStampField ; ":" ; 1 ; 1) +2)

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.