Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Performance Issue

AHunter3

I'm wondering if I have a local setting or a browser choice (Safari 11.1) that would cause it, or if it's this way for everyone, but this site loads like it's hosted on a Quadra with 64 MB RAM and a 375 MB HD.  Or is being inundated by four and a half million concurrent users and can't keep up with the traffic.

Nothing different for me.  I did reboot my router as per the news scare, but I doubt that had anything to do with it.  I'm on an older Win7, and early this morning I was on with my iPad.

Alan this site is on a Liquid Web dedicated server and is anything but slow!

DUAL PROCESSOR

Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4

• 24 Cores @ 2.2 GHz
  • 32 GB RAM
  • 2 x 480 GB Enterprise SSD Primary Drive HW RAID 1

Once the page has actually loaded it seems responsive enough but it takes > 90 seconds to draw the first screen.  With those specs it's obviously not the hardware.  I'll try it with a variety of different browsers and see if Safari simply doesn't play nicely with this site's code.

Alan...I am not sure what is causing this...I used Safari on my iPhone and the site loaded in a split second...you might try and empty browser cache, delete the forum.filemakertoday.com cookie, close your browser and try again. Also make sure you have the latest version of Safari. Also try FireFox or MS Edge as they both are extremely fast. HTH

There's no way to have "the latest version of Safari" without also having "the latest version of MacOS".  Apple doesn't really do that.  MS Edge meanwhile, AFAIK, doesn't exist for MacOS.  (although I could try it in Win 10 / Parallels, I suppose!).  I can try Firefox and Chrome though.

Either one should work well Alan...the others are what I use. FYI...Edge works on iOS.

2 hours ago, AHunter3 said:

Firefox and Chrome

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.