Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Need help with count calculations

Carlos F. Martinez

I need some help in figuring out something similar to the countif function in Excel for a Filemaker database report layout.  I have tried using If, Case and even ExecuteSQL but none seem to work for me.  I am attaching a screen shot of the report layout with notes on what I am trying to accomplish.  The counts and totals would be placed in the footer (the ones in the attachment are images from an Excel file with a similar format)5a9f15a6bcef5_ScreenShot2018-03-06at4_22_19PM.thumb.png.3841ff2ee4f25eade5c3e60feb364608.png.  I would greatly appreciate any help on this.

What about using an IF statement along the lines of if Product Unit = "Auto 6" and Status = "On Time" is true, count the number of records?  Also,  I forgot to mention that the summaries are in the footer of the report and that the Case function in the notation refers to the Open Days column.

You can't create a statement assessing an aggregate batch of records using "count if" logic; FileMaker doesn't have that.

You can, however, create calc fields that reconcile to 1 under appropriate circumstances:

Case (Product Unit = "Auto 6" and Status = "On Time", 1)

... and then sum THOSE fields up.

Sum (OneIfAuto6OnTime)

or

Summary field defined as Sum of OneIfAuto6OnTime

for the "On Time" segment, assuming it compares a date somewhere in the system to the current date, be sure to make it an unstored calc field.  The function Get(CurrentDate) doesn't get reevaluated within a stored calc field every time midnight goes by.  An unstored calc field, however, only comes up with an answer on a "calculate as needed" basis and hence will fetch the correct value for "today".

AHunter3,

Thanks for your help.  It worked.  It's going to mean adding a few more fields but that will not be a problem.

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of Use