Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Selecting DropDown for desired result

charlesdh

Hi,

I have a file that I need some help on.

I'm trying to use a Popover with a Portal.

In the portal I have 3 Drop Downs and 1 edit box. For simplicity I have them named "Product", "L", "W", and "D". (The fields except for "Product" are numeric.)

What I'm attempting to do is being able to select one of the three drop downs and have the remaining drop downs repopulate.

Then when you select another drop down it will only show the result of the first selection. When you select the last drop down it too will be repopulate from the previous selection.

The end result will be the Edit box showing the "Product".

I have a script for each named field. But, when I run them they do not "Filter!".

Thanks

Charles

What you'll need to research on the forums is "Dwindling Value List" and/or "Conditional Value List". There are plenty of sample files available.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I created a "Conditional Value List". This works ok, except it requires me to select "L" then "W" and "D" in that order. After the selection is made I'm trying to populate a EditBox with the Product Name.

I'm not sure how to do this. Any more assistant on this would be helpful.

Also I am not using a Portal or Popover. I have 2 tables. One is "Product" which is used to add a new record. The other table is "Data" with the records.

Update: I found a solution using Dropdown and "Include Arrows" check box.

However, I'm still researching for a way to use either "W" "D" or "L" for the desired result.

Edited by charlesdh
Added updated info

Important Information

Terms of Use