Logical functions are some of the most important and widely used functions. Think of decision making when considering logical functions. They enable you to decide if a formula will return one result or another. Which fork in the road will the formula take? Testing for true or false is often referred to as boolean in the FileMaker interface so get used to the terminology. While it is common for amateur developers to overuse these functions, if utilized properly, they are extremely powerful. Logical functions include Case, If, IsEmpty and Choose, to name a few of the most important.

http://www.philosophyoffilemaker.com/logically-speaking-97

Always smile when I see an email about a new Jaymo blog post. Even if I don't fully understand it, I put it in the back of my brain for hopeful recall in the future.

I noticed hardly anyone ever comments (I'm guilty of that too). I just wanted to thank you for your fine articles, and sharing your vast wisdom with the community.

~And for the rest of you~

It only takes a second to thank someone who contributes a tremendous amount to the FileMaker Community. Please let Jaymo know you read the articles and your thoughts. Minimal effort to throw a thumbs up his way.

Steve

No worries. I'll keep writing even if I don't get any comments but I do appreciate them. Have a great day my friend!