Question

I got a customer that was trying to copy a script that they typed up in word over to a text field in filemaker via logging in with webdirect and they arent able to paste things into a field. I tried logging in here and have no problem copy and pasting into a text field in filemaker webdirect. Is there something i need to check? I know copy and paste is part of Operating system and i dont really have control of it but ive had a client call and ask why they could paste somethign into a text field on webdirect.

2 answers to this question

My first check would be the privilege sets assigned to the user and to yourself. Does the user have modify privileges for that layout and that field, or just view?

Well the login isnt a filemaker login, theres a username and password field that it checks in another database so its all fields and calcs that make up the login access. Nothing with Filemaker except for the default privilege set that is used when anyone logs in unless im managing it to change things. Anyone who logs in will use the same privilege set.