The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum

Hershy_s

In my script for dialing I would like to block my number which is *67 with my provider.

I did a calculation in my script to specify the new number as "*67" & > phone number but it doesn't dial out . Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

AHunter3

When you do it manually, you dial *67 and then you wait for a new dial tone to appear that signals that the blocking code was accepted and that it is ready for you to make the call.

Unfortunately, you can't bang out the whole sequence as a single string. You need a pause in between *67 and the rest. Worse, it needs to NOT HANG UP between.

Hershy_s

Maybe I wasn't clear, I'm using an Iphone so there wouldn't be a dial tone. When I call manually it blocks my number but when I press down on the button to run the script Dial Phone using my calculation nothing happens, no dial phone dialog box comes up. Is it possible that the Dial phone doesn't work when you insert a # or *

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.