The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum

Hershy_s

I wrote a script where the script Perform Find (restore).

When the FoundCount=0 I get the error message Modify Continue or Cancel. Is there anyway for me to do the Find with no dialog if the Found count=0

Steve Martino

Use the script step Set Error Capture [On]. Although from a user perspective you may want to also add in a Show Custom Dialog, inform the user of no matching records and give them some options, so they know the find was executed and nothing was found.

doughemi

To expand on Steve's answer, the Set Error Capture [On] should be placed at the beginning of the script, and the corresponding Set Error Capture [Off] should be placed after the Find step, but before any Perform Script[] command which may follow. Also note that if a find is performed and no records are found, the found set becomes the entire table.

AHunter3
Also note that if a find is performed and no records are found, the found set becomes the entire table.

No it doesn't. Perform Find with error capture on results in a found set of 0 if no matching records exist.

doughemi

Thanks, Allan. To correct my other error, if Error Capture is off, the previous found set is returned, not all the records.

FoundSets.fmp12.zip

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.