Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

block a fields with variable

pomilpetan

Hello to all,

I have a database and I want to block modification of the fields if a given variable is not = 1. can i do this?

i have create a button that change the variable from 0 (non modifiable) to 1 (modifiable)

but if the variable is 0 i want that fields are only reading.

i use filemaker 15 mac.

thanks

Andrew

Hi

One suggestion is to create two field one modifiable and one non modifiable. Then whith your variable juste hide them in the data inspector based on your variable value.

Good day,

I am in agreement with cchumi,

You may add to fields on the layout, which are reading data from the same field from database. Make one of them modifiable in brows mode (you may do it through inspector/data tab in case you are not familiar with this) and leave the other one modifiable. Now make them very the same size and overlay the not modifiable field on top of the modifiable field. Use the variable to hide the not modifiable filed only.

In this case, whenever the variable result is not true, the not modifiable field would be hidden and the user can interact with the modifiable field. As soon as the variable result changes to true, the not modifiable field will over lay the modifiable field and do not allow user to be able to modify the field content.

I hope above does make sense.

Regards,

Important Information

Terms of Use