The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum

PBouley

We have a FMP14 database set up that includes Latitude and Longitude data and I'm looking for a way to have that spatial data represented on a map in a layout. And to be searchable (e.g. by date, quarter, year). Anyone can offer advice on what tools are available, and the how-to to get me started?

thanks!

Hi-Voltage

First of all check out LatitudeZERO. It's a free FileMaker developer tool I have developed that calculates distances between two coordinate and can be used to calculate distances between zip codes (providing you have the data).

I know it's not quite what you're looking for, but it may give you some ideas or come in handy.

Ok, so in your case you will need to look at the google maps API. You can do this sort of thing with the API. You can pass a set of coordinates to the API, and it will plot them on the map.

You will need to use a web viewer to display the map and call the API.

You will need to check out the google maps API for more information.

If you don't have experience with this sort of thing or the API, it can be tricky - you may want to get some help. I'm happy to help if you need.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.