The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum

John Carpmal

I am running FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced on OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite.

I have a system that I plan to copyright protect using Dinkey Dongles (http://www.microcosm.com). To do this I need to install a plugin, which I have installed successfully in FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced. This works fine when I run my system using FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced on my MacBook Pro.

But when I create a runtime solution, the plugin is not incorporated into the runtime. Do I need to install it directly into the runtime, once FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced has created it ? If so, is the process the same as for installing the plugin into my system on FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced or is there a further step ?

At the moment when I try to install the plugin from within the runtime I am getting the message:"DinkeyPro.fmplugin" failed to initialise

Any help would be much appreciated !

AHunter3
But when I create a runtime solution, the plugin is not incorporated into the runtime. Do I need to install it directly into the runtime, once FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced has created it ? If so, is the process the same as for installing the plugin into my system on FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced or is there a further step ?

Yes, and yes. It goes into the folder of the same name.

John Carpmal

Thank you AHunter3. That solved the problem. You are a star !

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.