torch_55

Good Day,

I thought there is a way to show only the sub-summary part in a report and hide the body that has all the sorted records. However, I cannot figure out how to do this.

Please help.

The case is similar to wanting to do a report on a Line Items Join Table that shows several invoices and sorts them by serial no. Then the desired report will just show the totals for the sorted serial numbers that are totaled in the sub-summary Layout Part and not all the individual line items in the Body of the report.

Best regards, Rick

Maarten Witberg

Just drag the main part up so it is removed. Make sure the sort order matches the subsummary part settings.

Harry Catharell

Hi Rick,

Just create your report without a body part and which has only the sub summary parts

Once you have your found set and you are sorted by appropriate breaks then only the sub summaries will show

Cheers

Harry

torch_55

Thanks! I was reluctant to do this at first for fear crashing the sub-summary report. But once I figured out that you can just fold up the Body part after removing the fields, it all worked just fine.

Really appreciate your help

Steve Martino

You can also make 2 reports in 1 by changing the body part to another sub-summary. Then when you only sort on the first sub-summary you get a summary, but when you sort on both you get a detail of all the lines.Summary-Detail.png

Maarten Witberg

nice! :cool: