Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

john@2greatguys

Hi there. I am an intermediate user and new to the forum. I am looking to use "hotspots" overlaid on an image to perform a find function on a script.

The image is the top view of a sailing vessel with all it's storage compartments, I would like to have a container or object which displays a number (in a fixed position on top of the boat image) and allow the user to click on that object to perform a find of all the items stored in the area of the boat. The rectangles would be the object or containers the user will click on to run a script which finds all the items associated with that number.

Thanks

boat diagram.jpg

Just create a text block object for each location, centering the number in the text block using the Inspector. While still in Layout mode and the text block selected, select Format—>Button Setup to show a dialog which will allow you to define the script to run.

Or you can create a popover button (formatting the button to not have any fill) and put a portal in the popover with the items in that location.

Edited by doughemi

Thanks for the reply. There are about 100 storage locations. Each has a descriptor in the table to tell the sailor where the location is, there is a unique location number as well as Match ID BIN, Container,Area of the boat. So how do I capture the "number" from the text box needed for the find script or popover with portal? Ideally I would like to use one script that recognizes the different location number and uses it on the find script of popover.

Sorry for my ignorance here.

Pass the script a parameter from the button. At the bottom of the dialog where you select the script, there is a field for "Optional Script Parameter". You can enter the location number there.

In your script, you would set a field in the Ship table to Get(ScriptParameter). This field would be the match field for the relationship. Note that this would always be the same script.

This assumes that your database is set up with tables

| Ship |--------------| Cargo |

The Ship table would contain fields for location number, area of ship, and other attributes of the location and the ship herself. Each record here is one location.

The Cargo Location table would have records with each record containing one placement of one item of cargo; e.g. fields fk_locationNumber, fk_cargoID, VoyageID, date placed, date removed, etc.

The Cargo table would contain a record for each item of cargo. Fields might be cargoID, containerNum, weight, B/L_Number, etc.

Edited by doughemi

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.