Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

How to use free Let's Encrypt SSL certificates with FileMaker Server

Smef

Hello Everyone,

I've written a PowerShell script to allow you to get a free SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt to use with FileMaker Server. You can schedule this to run every few months and renew your certificate automatically. Now there's no reason to keep using that default certificate. Check out the post for instructions!

http://bluefeathergroup.com/blog/how-to-use-lets-encrypt-ssl-certificates-with-filemaker-server/

Any news on how it behaves on android devices? We've deployed a web direct solution that is used on tablets with shaky results at best, using one of Filemaker's certified certificate vendors.

The SSL certificate won't affect performance. I've found WebDirect to be pretty slow in general, and slower on mobile devices. If you're interested in an Android solution we can make a custom, native Android app for you which will work with you FileMaker database. Send us a message on our contact page or give us a call at 770-765-6258 and we can talk about what you need to do. I think a native app would work much better for you than WebDirect on a smartphone.

Well apart from SSL warnings (no outright failure as long as the device is within specs) it's all hunky dory speedwise and everything elsewise so long as you keep your eye on a few quirks. It's quite a complex and large build, so I guess migrating the whole thing to a native app is going to be out of the question right now.

Edited by Maarten Witberg

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.