The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
larrycfc

Crashes on sort

larrycfc

Recently I've been experiencing program crashes in Windows 10 environment, and it seems to happen when beginning a sort. Suspecting file corruption, I tried a file recovery but the same thing happened. This has occurred with different databases. Would a reinstallation be warranted, or should I look for some other cause?

AHunter3

Be analytical!

• Create a brand new file. Transfer (copy, import, or define-from-scratch) the tables containing the records you're trying to sort, especially including the fields you're sorting on. Transfer the data from the crashing version (export-then-import, or import directly). Sort it. Does it crash?

• Move your database to another Windows 10 computer. Colleague, friend, or volunteer from this msg board. Does your original database crash for them?

• Create a brand new Windows account on your computer. Put your database (or a copy of it) where that account can get to it. Still crashes when logged in as that user?

• Move your database to a Mac or a Windows 7 or Windows 8 computer. Preferably all of those things. Test. Crashes regardless of OS and/or version?

• Go to several other tables and do sorts. Do sorts in general crash, or just this one?

Reciprocally, have someone convert the file to modern FileMaker 12-13-14-15 format and try it under Windows 10. Crashy?

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.