Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Part of the database has two tables: Invoices and Invoice_data with line items. I'm trying to set up a way to print the line items from one or more selected invoices. I've tried 'Go To Related Record' and 'Find Matching Record' in various combinations, but both methods produce either line items for only one invoice or all items from all invoices. Perhaps these are the wrong functions to use and one should use a Loop instead, in which case I'm at a complete loss? Any suggestions?

I'm trying to set up a way to print the line items from one or more selected invoices

(emphasis added)

Assuming that all the line items of one particular invoice are related in a way that any other line items, i.e., line items of other invoices, are not related, then to print the line items of that one invoice you would Go to Related Records [invoice_data] (using layout: line items) (show only related) (related to current record).

Now, it's somewhat unusual to print the line items from more than one invoice, but OK, if that's what you're trying to do,

• first make sure that the selected invoices are the only invoices in the found set of invoice records. If necessary do a find for selected records first, in some fashion. Then...

Go to Related Records [invoice_data] (using layout: line items) (show only related) (related to entire current found set ).

Thanks AHunter3!

The problem was not having ticked the 'relate to entire current found set'. It's always the little things that I seem to forget. Still learning. Sorry.

And, yes, it's unusual to want line items from more than one invoice, but customers can be a little 'unusual' sometimes.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.