Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

FileMaker server 5.5 Error 1723 when uninstalling

landon0605

I am unable to get filemaker server to launch on windows server 2008. I realize the software is quite a bit older but I have had it running and I know people that have it running so I know it is possible, just finicky. When the launch fails the event log says that the .exe is corrupt so my thought is to uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy. The problem is when I uninstall i get an error 1723 saying that I am missing a DLL.

If anyone has any idea on what I could do to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it. I tried looking for a copy of FMS 5.5v4 to download, but it seems like none of the host sites are hosting it anymore.

What ended up working for me was installing FMS 5.5 on windows xp and then taking and copying the windows xp program files\FileMaker Server 5.5 into the program file on windows server 2008. I have no idea why this fixed it, but it did.

Now if someone could figure out how I could set my zoom to 150% for all the files I'm hosting I'd be golden.

Edit: Also figured out how to change the zoom to 150%. Just had to go into every single one of the database opening scripts and set the zoom level. It was time consuming, but I'm not sure it would have worked any other way.

Edited by landon0605

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.