Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

owangolama

I'm using Automator to do a few things in a Web Viewer (like mostly clicking web links).

I've finally figured out how to call the Automator applet thingies that I've created, but they get an error:

The action “Watch Me Do” encountered an error.

Check the actionʼs properties and try running the workflow again.

I have initially solved this by going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and choosing the application. But recently some of the applets seem to have lost their privilege to drive the interface and I'm getting the error again. I tried unchecking and checking the app in Security & Privacy, and then deleting it and adding it again (both manually and by way of FM suggesting it). Nothing works. It seems that I can get it to work by completely recreating the applet, but obviously this is not a tenable solution since it creates a situation where I'm spending MORE time solving the problem than the time that it saves me.

Any ideas how to get it to work forever? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Would also be really interested if other people are using other solutions to simulate an automated click in the Web Viewer. I've done a lot of searching on the subject and not really come up with much. AppleScript seems like an option, but that has proven problematic as well.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.