Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Scripted form Find button vs Interface Find and Perform Find. Anomaly.

compton456

Hi

Filemaker Pro Advanced 13

New convert from Access.

I have a button on a form scripted to enter Find Mode and Pause (whilst I select criteria from various drop down fields enabled in Find Mode. The script steps are ‘Enter Find Mode (pause)’ and ‘ Set Field’ (which sets the find at the dropdown field I specified in the script). This takes me to the (script set) dropdown field in Find Mode. Then I select criteria from the ‘set’ field and other Find Mode enabled fields on my form. Once the criteria (one or more dropdown fields) is set I click a further ‘Go’ button on my form. This second button has a single script step: ‘Perform Find’.

Problem.

When I run the Find procedure from my form button and end by clicking the form ‘Go’ button. The Filemaker interface (the area below the Find (magnify glass) area) shows ‘Script Paused’ with the option to Cancel or Continue. (no error message displays on my form). If I run the same Find procedure from the Filemaker interface Find – Perform Find the ‘Script Paused Cancel – Continue’ message in area below the interface Find / Perform Find button/s does NOT show.

Question / Assistance request

When using my form buttons the ‘Script Paused’ interface message does not seem to affect the operation of my form but I wish to understand why it is showing when I use my form buttons and not when I use the Filemaker interface Find in case the issue has significance and or may have unforeseen consequences that may arise later in my database design.

Many thanks in advance

When using my form buttons the ‘Script Paused’ interface message does not seem to affect the operation of my form but I wish to understand why it is showing when I use my form buttons and not when I use the Filemaker interface Find in case the issue has significance and or may have unforeseen consequences that may arise later in my database design.

The Cancel/Continue buttons indicate the possible actions re the running (but paused) script. If you perform a manual Find, there is no running script.

Thank you.

I understand what you are saying.

Is there a script step that would invoke (emulate clicking the interface) 'Continue' button from my form 'Go' button?

Currently the 'Go' button has one script step: ‘Perform Find’

Is there a script step that would invoke (emulate clicking the interface) 'Continue' button from my form 'Go' button?

Try adding a button with a single script step: Resume Script.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.