larrycfc

Help with calculated field

larrycfc

I have a database that I'm converting from an old fp5 version which had separate related files. It's a customer database that also had a transactions file, a last sale date file, and a sales ytd file. All of these are now tables within the new database, but I want to further simplify the structure. The most recent invoice date for a particular client can be found in the transactions table; I need help defining a function to search for it to place it directly on the main screen. I also have defined a total sales field as a summary within the transactions table, but want to find just the sales for the current year. I even tried If ( INV DATE > 12/31/2014; Total Sell; 0) but that doesn't work. There has to be a slick solution.

AHunter3

a) for the most recent invoice date, SORT the relationship by Invoice date, descending order, and then Transactions::Invoice Date will be the most recent (maximum value in Invoice date).

b) For the sales for the current year, create a new table occurrence of Transactions (let's call it "TransactionsCurrentYear), create an unstored calc field in your local table (is that Customers?) defined as Year (Get(CurrentDate)) and also a calculation field in Transactions defined as Year (Sales Date) and then set up a relationship between Customers and TransactionsCurrentYear based on Customer ID = Customer ID (or however your current relationship is set up between Customers and Transactions) PLUS the two calculated "year" fields. That makes only this year's transactions related; now you can do Sum (TransactionsCurrentYear::Sales Amt) and that's your current year's summed-up figure.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.