Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

A Calculation With Different Action

Morten1448

Hello

I need a little help.

I have a Feldt let's call it "Product description" where the content at vary for example.

14 cm Arial / Helvetica foil facilitates, no. 30 - black on the fasia board / Gallini SRL,

14 cm Arial / Helvetica foil facilitates, no. 15 - bright blue (approx. RAL code 5005) / FEHLING,

14 cm Arial / Helvetica foil facilitates, no. 18 - sky blue / Syntec Scientific Corporation,

14 cm Arial / Helvetica foil color, No. 29 - basalt gray (approx. RAL code 7012) / Biomech-SPINE

I would like to make a calculation which has a different action depending on the specific content.

How do I do it ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Bedst regards

Morten Hansen

A little more information would be helpful. What action(s) are you trying to perform? Or are you just looking to display a different value based on the content of that field?

Check out the Case (), Choose (), and If() functions.

hello Josh

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to end up with a result that I have a field with only a portion of the content at the "Product Description" for instance: balck, RAL code 5005, Syntec Scientific and basalt gray in a new field.

Bedst regards

Morten

A little more information would be helpful. What action(s) are you trying to perform? Or are you just looking to display a different value based on the content of that field?

Check out the Case (), Choose (), and If() functions.

If I understand correctly, each record contains a field which starts with a font specification that ends with a " - ", then a color, a "/", and ends with a customer name?

Create a calculation field TheList = Substitute(YourField; ["/"; ¶]; [" - "; ¶]) . This creates a list of values, e.g

14 cm Arial

Helvetica foil facilitates, no. 30

black on the fasia board

Gallini SRL

Create a calculation field Color = GetValue(TheList; 3) . This will be

black on the fasia board

Create a calculation field Customer = GetValue(TheList; 4) . This will be

Gallini SRL

If the information in YourField is not uniformly formatted, then this will not work well.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.