The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
Arby

email address banned?

Arby

I received a password expired notice when I tried logging into the forum this evening. When I tried changing my password, I received a notice saying that the administrator has banned my email address. I had to enter a new email address in order to change my password.

Since I used the alternative email account rarely, I'd rather restore my former -- banned -- email address to my forum account. Anyone know why 1) I received that message and 2) whether I can use that old email address again without being banned permanently. I never received any message indicating that any post of mine was controversial or unacceptable. Very strange.

Ross MacLane

We have had some recent aggressive spam attacks on this forum and we had to ban some IP Address Blocks. Most of these are Russian - Ukraine - Vietnamese as about 80% of the worlds spam comes out of there! We also had to ban several popular FREE email providers as they get used for bogus entry to place spam. Please send a private message with your email provider, until you do so keep using the email address you are using, unless you want to be our spam cleaner! This past month over 10,000 were attempted on this forum.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.