The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
Fashionita

Can't change Font Size

Fashionita

I have a database of over 4000 records. In Form View I have no problem, but in a List View that I created the Title field randomly shows up as 14 pt even though I have the field set as 11 pt. In Form View they are all 14 pt, but I want them smaller in the List View. If I try to change the individual record title to 11 pt, it changes but reverts to 14 pt as soon as I tab out of that field. I am able to change other aspects of the font in that field.

Filemaker.jpg

doughemi

It sounds like a corrupted layout. Try creating an exact copy of the layout - but build it from scratch, not make a duplicate. See if the problem shows up in the copy.

Fashionita

Thanks, but didn't work. However, this database was started (many years ago, so I forgot) from something called a Starter Solution and then modified for my purposes. I finally found under Manage Database that the Title had an Auto-Enter Calculation. When I went and looked at it, it had the text size set to 14. Why, I'm not sure of since you can set that in your layouts. When I deleted that I am now able to change the text size.

I still have to go back and manually fix the ones that are not the way I wanted even though I decided to go with 12 pt. The ones that insisted on staying 14 pt are still 14 pt, but I am able to change them manually and when I tab out of them and go to the next record they stay the way I changed them, if that makes sense.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.