The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
cvbdn

Calculating Future Date

cvbdn

Hi, all!

I am looking to create a future date given a child's birthdate and the specific age I'd like to flag for calling the child's family for a reminder.

For instance, let's say I want the child to get a call when they are 3 months and 2 weeks old and their birthdate is 7/9/2014. This call should be placed on 10/23/2014. How can I calculate this date using the date functions in filemaker?

I know I could make a script that looped through all possible dates until I hit an age of 3 months, 2 weeks, but I'd rather just create a calculation field instead of a script button.

Right now I have a months field, a weeks field, a DOB field, and a today's date field.

Thanks for your help!!

Christina

Edited by cvbdn

doughemi

How about NotificationFlag =

Case (Date(Month(DOB) + months; Day(DOB) + (weeks *7); Year(DOB)) ≥ Get(CurrentDate) and not Notified; 1)

where Notified is a flag you set when you notify the parent.

EDIT: Remember to make the NotificationFlag field unstored. (I've tripped over that way too many times.)

Edited by doughemi

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.