The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
John David

FileMaker Pro has topped working

John David

'FileMaker Pro has stopped working' - this is the message I get when attempting to open my FileMaker Pro 9 programme. I am working on a PC with Windows Vista and until recently had no problem at all either opening FileMaker Pro 9 (version 9.9.3.300) or using it. Thinking that the programme had become corrupt, I uninstalled and then reinstalled it but had the same response. I then contacted FileMaker by e-mail and received a reply from a Connie Gonzalez who gave me a new License Key, which I duly used during the re-installation process. Again, I had the 'FileMaker Pro has stopped working' message. Re-reading Connie Gozalez's reply, I find the following: 'If after you have installed the software using the new license key and you are still unable to open your database then I would recommend posting your issue on the FileMaker Forum as FileMaker Pro 9 is no longer a supported version.'

This explains my problem and the reason for posting this comment. Can anyone suggest anything helpful before I ditch FileMaker?

Thank you.

AHunter3

I didn't know any programs actually worked under Vista :D

Seriously, I would so strongly advise either dropping back to XP or moving forward to Windows 7. That's one hell of a buggy operating system you're trying to use there.

John David

Thank you for your reply. I have been using Windows Vista for 4 or 5 years without problem and have never had any issue using it with FileMaker Pro 9 until now so am rather mystified by your comment. Are you suggesting that some Windows Vista update has interfered with the running of my FileMaker? Or is it some inherent 'problem' with FileMaker, such as it's stopped working because it's an old version and the makers of FileMaker want me to move on to (i.e. purchase) a new version? I ask this latter question in all seriousness because that is precisely what happened with a much earlier version of FileMaker I was running some years ago

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.