FredP

Filemaker 13 containers versus SuperContainer

FredP

Starting up a new database and wanted to know what people are thinking between the new containers in fmp13 and the SuperContainer option from 360Works? We will be dealing with alot of images, not particularly high resolution or high filesize images, but alot of them. We would also want to use the containers to store and play quicktime movies if that was possible. The last and final criteria is that we would want the containers to work with both fmp clients and web clients.

Its difficult to tell from the reading I have done so far, because both appear to do this, both allow me to save the media in a reference location and not in the database itself. Does anyone have a recommendation or a pro & con between the two approaches? I would really appreciate any insight at this point.

Thank you

ScottJ

I have found that SuperContainer can cause an additional layer of maintenance. SC requires Java. You have have the correct Java version for a given SuperContainer version. Having to update a dozen or so installs a while back was quite a hassle. While it works, it is great.

Important Information

Terms of Use