Jump to content
Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

DDR Generation Error SAXParseException


Recommended Posts

kirkrr

SAXParseException: invalid character 0x10 (Occurred in entity '/private/var/folders/dv/lq8dt54j77548t0z0pvmczhh000gq/T/FMTEMPFM512802b70076.tmp' at line 261773, column 29.)

 

Any idea what this Filemaker Pro dialog error is talking about? It shows up everything that I generate a DDR report on a multi-file solution that is FM3 code moved to FMS11adv.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh Ormond

Never seen that before. But there is clearly something in the code that is converted to an illegal character. Weird.

Link to post
Share on other sites
kirkrr

I wonder if this is due to all the square brackets in the old code, that a DDR report interprets are comments and does the ${} blocking of that. There are literally thousands of these in the old code.

 

But it does not seem consistent; some of the code is processing in the DDR, and some is not, but attempting to figure out which is which, is nearly impossible. There is not even something to run a DIFF against.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

I just ran across this today while trying to run a DDR on a file from the FMP 12 Training Series. Ever figured out what it means?

 

SAXParseException: invalid character 0x10 (Occurred in entity '/private/var/folders/tx/s5ntv3dn3v32chbd6cxznxkw0000gn/T/FMTEMPFM292_11.tmp', at line 8759, column 39.)

 

The DDR then has links that link to nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh Ormond

Not specifically for me. However, since then I have run into other posts in different places that indicate that it could be that the DDR is referencing a temporary file that FM has since removed. Don't know the cause of it though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posts at FMI's own forum helped at least figure out that there really is an illegal character somewhere and how to find out where it is.

 

Run the DDR as xml, then open the file from within Firefox using File > Open File …, then it shows exactly what's in line number x, column number y, like this:

 

xml error.png

 

Deleting the character (and surrounding characters) and replacing it with something else didn't work, but deleting the whole text of the tool tip cleaned up the problem. Originally the character here was ¶. Tried both typed from keyboard and selected from the Operators.

 

Incidentally, both tool tips I created in this exercise had the same problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

I'm trying to fix an SAX error. I ran the DDR as xml and opened the file in Firefox. I found 1 error and fixed it. Ran it again and got another error. This one I have no idea what it is. It says line number 1305539 but if I open the file in Excel, the lines only go to 1044439.

 

link.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 years later...
BLMcElhaney

Posts at FMI's own forum helped at least figure out that there really is an illegal character somewhere and how to find out where it is.

2071606306_DDRError.png.9cad51751e871120095afae0acf17bf8.png

Saved the DDR as xml, then opened the file from within Firefox using File > Open File …, then it showed exactly what's in line number 18844, column number 14/15, like this:

1711639853_FirefoxXML.png.4e4316692c79dddb5198d281bc2a2068.png

 

Forum answer: "Deleting the character (and surrounding characters) and replacing it with something else didn't work, but deleting the whole text of the tool tip cleaned up the problem."

Could not understand how to:

"....deleting the whole text of the tool tip cleaned up the problem."

Help will be appreciated.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
unhinged

The invalid character reported, value 3 in hexadecimal, is the control character ETX ("End of TeXt") as per http://www.asciitable.com

This character is part of an object definition somewhere in your database. By looking at the surrounding text of the XML file (say, lines 18800 through to 18870) you should be able to figure out which object has that data value (my hunch is that it's a button, or an object configured to act as a button). First, be ready for a FileMaker crash - close all other open files, and preferably all other applications on your computer. Then look at that object in layout mode and see if you can delete the entire line of the offending text. Close the object, save the layout, then re-enter layout mode and modify the object; re-type the label rather than trying to copy the old value and paste it back in. Save the layout again, then re-run the DDR.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use