The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
NewFM85User

Filtered data

NewFM85User

Hi,

I am using filemaker pro/advanced 8.5

I have something like this required.How do I acheive that?

I have product table and issue table. one of the product is eligible for special promotion for few months. Suppose remaining issues of this year May 2013, June 2013 through Dec 2013.

When I go to my customer's order subscription details, there I have issues checked off for all those customer subscribed, from jan to dec. he might not take all.

My requirement is I need a portal or a temp table to display all the promo eligible issues which the agent has subscribed.

Ex. eligible issues May 2013 through dec 2013.

customer subscribed to all even months.

I want grid/portal to display Jun 2013, Aug 2013, Oct 2013 and Dec 2013.

How do I acheive this. Please advise.

kirkrr

You create a global field in the parent table - it will be used to match the "checkedOff" field in the child table.

You may need to create a new table occurrence (an alias to the existing child table), so as to not screw up anything you have done based on your existing relationship structure. Match the global field on the parent, to the CheckedOff field in the child. Then, when you are on a layout that is based on the parent table, set the global field to the same content as the CheckedOff field in the child record, and a portal that displays field from THAT SPECIFIC table occurrence, will have the filtered set of data you desire.

NewFM85User

Thanks.

I will try that.

NewFM85User

Hi,

This is not working. May be becuase the subscription table is the child table for orders table?

I have Product Issues table which is a child table to product table. I have a global field in issues table which says 1 if eligible and nothing if not eligible.

So my eligible issues are May 2013 through Dec 2013.

my subscription table which is a child table to orders table has a column which is 1 for taking and 0 for skipping.

In the orders DB relations, I have this new alias issues table linked to new alias subscription table with eligibility column.

Subscription alias table is liked to its parent table and issues alias is linked to parent product table.

When I add the portal on layout of the orders, which also has subscriptions portal and new portal with data from filtered issue table, it shows all the eligible issues from issues table. It does the same for all orders. It is not filtering it based on subscription table and orders table.

If in subscription table I had all even months.

I want grid/portal to display Jun 2013, Aug 2013, Oct 2013 and Dec 2013.

Instead it displays all issues from May 2013 through Dec 2013 even if the order has not subscribed to all.

What I am doing wrong? Please help.

kirkrr
... Product Issues table which is a child table to product table. I have a global field in issues table...

Global match fields must be in the parent side of a relationship.

As far as the all the portal stuff, I need to read this a few times, to attempt to figure out your structure - the explanation did not click the first couple times reading it.

NewFM85User

Order table is Parent table and subscription table is chils table.

Product table is parent table and issues is child table.

Order table and product table are related by product ID.

Even subscription table had product ID in there.

kirkrr

So you are getting exactly what the relationships define you should be getting, but apparently that is not what you want to get as a result.

It sounds like you need to add a compound relationship - more than 1 field being used as match criteria. The second field might be a called ODD_EVEN on the parent side (0 or 1), matched against a child field that is an auto-enter calc. The calc would be

mod (month (yourdate) ; 2)

Use the Mod function to test whether a number is even or odd by specifying a divisor of 2. If the result is zero, then the number is even; otherwise, it’s odd.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.