barry685

How to create this report in Filemaker

barry685

Trying to recreate this report in Filemaker. Report is based on the Line items record from an invoice. The image is in a container field on the lineitem record.

Invoice: alphainv.jpg

Report: alphaimages.jpg

The report is sorted by the Pose field. The purpose of the report is to see what items have been ordered for each Pose (image).

Ender

One way would be to base the layout in the Pose table (wherever the image is based,) use a List View set to 2 columns. The trick then is to get the purchased sizes listed in a text field (or unstored calc), and this can be done using List(Invoice Line::Qty_Description_calc), if you have a relationship from Pose to Invoice Line by Pose# and CustomerID, and you have a calc in the Invoice Line table to assemble the quantity and description for the line.

barry685

There is no pose table. The line item record itself, has a container field that references the image

Ender

So you're referencing the same image in multiple records? Maybe a Pose (or Shot) table would be a good idea here.

barry685

Other than this report. I don't see any benefit in having a separate pose table. I think it just ads a complication. Worse case, I will just format the report differently.

barry685

Thanks, for taking the time to respond.

• WE NEED YOUR DONATION NOW

WE have helped 100,000's of people for many years, now we need your help!!!! Your Donation is Needed to Keep Us Online! Covid 19 and isolation!!!! Without Your Help We Are Gone After 23  Years!

3% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Images

Important Information

Terms of Use