kendramack

problem printing chart from saved layout

kendramack

Hi there,

I have a chart that I saved as a layout. How do I print it once I go to that saved layout? I end up in preview mode and the chart has as many pages as I have records, and each page is the same. I can just print the current record, but is there something I'm doing wrong in the chart setup, that results in one page per record? I tried constraining the found set to the current record so that it wouldn't be necessary to change the printing option (since I'm handing this database over to a user who I don't want to confuse) - but then the summary data doesn't come through.

Thanks,

Kendra

Ender

The chart options control what's shown in the chart. The Print Setup and Print settings controls how it's printed.

Once you get the chart showing what it should (in Browse Mode), add a script for printing it. The script should include navigating to the right layout, setting up the Print settings, and navigating back to the original layout. All printing works best when you setup scripts to handle things this way. In your case, the script would be something like:

Go to Layout[Chart]

Print Setup[100%, Landscape]

Print[Current Record]

Go to Layout[original layout]

In my print scripts, I include a preview of the layout and ask the user to confirm that they want to print it.

Once you have the script created, add a print button to the user interface that calls the print script.

Important Information

Terms of Use