Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Counting Values

jdushey

This may have been addressed before - but I could not find the answer -

I have a file that contains the following fields: customer name, lead source, lead date, lead week number

I want to generate a report that will summarize by lead source the number of leads in a given week.

I want my report to have the following columns:

lead source, week 1, week 2, week 3, etc.

so the output might look something like:

DM 2 5 6 (where these numbers are the count of records for week 1, week 2, etc.)

Internet 3 6 7

Any help is appreciated.

Do you really want to have a report that has 52 columns plus a few other identifiers? How is that going to look on a report?

so the output might look something like:

DM 2 5 6 (where these numbers are the count of records for week 1, week 2, etc.)

Internet 3 6 7

Is DM 2 5 6 the output for weeks 1, 2, 3 **or** weeks 1, 14, 19 **or** weeks 50, 51 and 52 **or** ???

Usually reports have the columns aligned so that the reader knows the value of a specific column.

The report may be broken up into several pages with say 8 - 12 weeks per page. Not sure yet of exact output format just yet. Columns will be aligned.

The output sample was for weeks 1 2 and 3. There would be additional columns for the other weeks.

I was more concerned with the counting of the ocurances. I think I can figure out how to report it, but I am open to suggestions.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.