Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Filemaker Serve 8 Issue

kaykatey

Having issues with Filemaker Server 8.

I am having issues where Server would not locate local host and I am not able stop filemaker server, "Stop Filemaker Server" is greyed out on menu pull down and will not allow me to shut it down. Everything I have read online points to reinstalling the software but I need to stop all processes in order to reinstall it.

I have also tried shutting all fms process down via the Activity Monitor and this too has not worked.

Any ideas welcomed.

Thanks,

Kay

By "would not locate local host" do you mean the Admin Console will not connect (or will not see the existence of) FileMaker Server running on the local machine?

But you can open the hosted databases as a guest from other machines, so you know FmServer is, in fact, running?

a) do you have backups? is FmServer configured to make regular backups (hourly, daily, whatever)?

b) open up a Terminal window. Navigate to the FmServer folder:

type this:

cd /Library/FileMaker\ Server/

hit enter

pwd

hit enter again

it should display this if it worked so far:

/Library/FileMaker Server

now type this:

fmsadmin stop

an account and password will be demanded of you at the command line. These are the same that you'd use to log in to the Server Admin console.

Now uninstall and reinstall FmServer.

I tried the Terminal Window options you gave and that does not work.

We do have a daily backup we run & we can not access FMS or open databases from a guest computer either.

When I open the FMS console, the local host ip does not show available to connect.

Just an update. When I access the Terminal in use fmsadmin stop I get this back

10.0.0.125: IP Address is invalid or Inaccessible.

Error: 10502

My ip address is 10.0.0.125 and is active on the network with no issues so I am not sure that this error message means.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.