DrDJ

Printing Post Cards - getting duplicates

DrDJ

hello Forum members, I am somewhat new to Filemaker Pro. I have just updated an old Filemaker 2.1 database to FM Pro 7. All of that went fairly smooth. My issue comes when I try to print out on my post cards. When I print out the post cards I get one the way I want it with customers first and last name, street line and then city, state, zip, this is perfect.

But, then for some unknown reason I get two more cards printed without the city, state, zip line on each. The only place I can stop this from happening is on the printer properties if I select. Print Range - select circle Page 1 - 1.

The issue is I cannot print out any more than one card at a time this way. With 11,000 entries that is tough to do. So, I am wasting a lot of cards.

I have deleted all records and re-imported the records, making sure I didn't have any extra fields, which I thought I did, but that didn't work.

I have tried changing all kinds of settings on the printer and I have tried it on two different computers with two different printers.

Finally realized I need your expert assistance in figure this out. Thanks in advance for the help!

Techphan
I have tried changing all kinds of settings on the printer and I have tried it on two different computers with two different printers.
I think the problem is with the layout and not with the computer or the records. Here are the things I can think of immediately:

1) When it prints the extra names - are they the next alphabetic entries to be printed?

2) Have you set the layout size height to exactly the height of the postcard?

3) Are there any fields anywhere on the layout other than the address and return address of the postcard?

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.