Welcome the ORIGINAL FileMaker Community

Take a moment to join us, no noise, all FileMaker...We Promise

Josh Ormond

Finding Threads & Replies from the Past Month

Josh Ormond

So, whilst I was looking for something else, I came across a vbulletin post that showed how to use a search url to trigger a search. Thought I would share it here, since sometimes I need to find something recent that I can't eyeball in the Activity Timeline. I find this easier to read. Especially when I need to see the threads that I've participated in.

Here is the search link I am using:

www.filemakertoday.com/com/search.php?do=process&searchdate=30&sortby=lastpost&order=descending&showposts=0&beforeafter=after&contenttype=vBForum_Post

searchdate = number of days you want to search.

beforeafter = before will find stuff older than the search date, after will find the newer stuff.

contenttype = kinds of post you are looking for. vBForum_Post finds posts. There are a bunch of others, if you need them let me know.

sortby = rather obvious, what do you want it sorted by. Could be thread start date, last post date, etc. Also, there are others.

order = ascending or descending.

showposts = 0 or 1. 0 gives you a nice compact, readable list. 1 gives you an expanded, imo less readable list.

do = process tell the software to process the following request.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.