The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jsword

Report layout with two sub summary parts

jsword

Hello all,

I am having trouble with sub summary parts. I have a layout that I would like to have two sub summary parts on, both sorting by a different break field.

Right now, my first sub summary part sorts by a field called "Buyer Type." That sub summary works fine. When I insert another sub summary part (which I would like to have printed above the Buyer Type sub summary part) and select to have that sort by a different break field (Property County), the original sub summary part (which was set up to sort by "Buyer Type") switches to sort by Property County. If I go back to either sub summary part and change the break field manually, it automatically changes it for the other sub summary part.

My final layout should be ordered as follows: title header, sub summary by "property county", sub summary by "buyer type", trailing grand summary, footer.

Is it impossible to have two sub summary parts on a layout sorting by different fields in FM Pro 8.5, or is there a way around this?

Any help would be much appreciated!

AHunter3
When I insert another sub summary part (which I would like to have printed above the Buyer Type sub summary part) and select to have that sort by a different break field (Property County), the original sub summary part (which was set up to sort by "Buyer Type") switches to sort by Property County. If I go back to either sub summary part and change the break field manually, it automatically changes it for the other sub summary part.

You're in Layout Mode and you went to Part Setup?

11-55.jpg

I've never seen the addition of a new Part in the Part Setup dialog cause an existing part to change its definition. Make sure you're clicking the "Create" button and not the "Change" button.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.