Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

How to Input multiple items into portal at once

iamskyline

Hello, I am really new at the filemaker, and easiness of the filemaker amaze me, I got really far in my project without much of problem. There is a problem I encounter really make me stuck. I am trying to create a quote system that track the request for quote and the quote that we send out. By using the example of the invoice system on the filemaker website, I manage to add individual item on the reply quote's line portal. The problem that I am having is sometime we want to add large amount of the line item into the portal which is really time consuming and easy to make mistake. How I will like to do is by selection the request for quote number then the system auto fill all the related item into the quote line item portal .

Thanks in advance to help the newbie out .

Here is my table relationship

request for quote--------quote

Use variables to save the pertinent information (Client Number, etc) and then go to the native table (the table on which the portal is based - the portal that you don't want to enter lots of records into) and create the new records with a scripted process. Then return to the original layout (Client??) and you will see the new records in the portal.

Important Information

Terms of Use