Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Calculation formula based on addition and subtraction

Michael Miller

Hello all I am in need of some more help. Let me try to explain the situation.

I have 4 fields.

1. Sale Price

2. Price Adjustment +

3. Price Adjustment -

4. Adjusted Price

I need to have the Adjusted price update in reference to what is placed into the Price adjustment fields. If they are both blank then I need it to display the Sale Price.

If it would work better, the two Price Adjustment fields can be combined as long as the calculation can figure out the difference between addition and subtraction.

If there is an easier way to do this please let me know. Also if there are any questions please ask. Thanks.

Adjusted Price = calculation field, result type "number" defined as

Sales Price + Price Adjustment

go with a single Price adjustment field. Adding a negative is the same as subtracting. Input -14 if you want a negative price adjustment of 14.

Adjusted Price (calc field, numeric answer) = Sale Price + Price Adjustment Add - Price Adjusted Sub

By using a calculation field then the value in that field cannot be "accidentally changed" like it could if you used used a numeric field with an auto-enter calculation.

Add a date field with an auto enter calc to capture the date the content of the adjusted price changed.

Now you know since when the adjusted price is used,

Further to that you can put an conditional formatting on the price field, say green for a + value or red for a - value.

Now you have a visual if the adjusted price was +/- wrt the Sale Price.

Important Information

Terms of Use