Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Duplicating script or save as?

mog

I'd appreciate some help, please.

Using FM Pro 11 (have bought FM Pro 12 Advanced but am awaiting FM's update to resolve slow response before using), I have designed a flat-file database to my requirements. (I'm a commercial property surveyor based in UK and the database contains addresses of shops and property-related information, approximately 350 different fields, excluding repeating fields. The database contains approximately 110,000 records and grows at the rate of about 10-20 a week.)

Each new record is numbered using the automatic numbering feature in a field I've named "header record', but in a second field I've named "Link" (with 20 repeating fields) I manually add (drag and drop) the header record number (not always the same number since I might not want to use the unique (automatic) number on each record). On each record in that "Link" field I also enter the numbers of related records. I've created a script to find the "Link" number, the result of which finds however many records that particular number appears on. All well and good, works brilliantly. (The telephone rings, all the facts about the property and the parties at my fingertips instantly.)

Even so, I am finding process rather tedious because to add each new script I have to go to "Manage Scripts" click New Empty Script on the dialogue box, then name the script, then change the view to "Found Sets" then click "Perform Find" then "Move" then click "Specify find requests" and in the panel click "New" then find the find the record then add the criteria, then save, etc.

What I'd like to be able to do is create some sort of template for most of those repetitive steps so that I have to do is edit the name of the script and change the criteria. Is it possible to create some sort of 'save as' or 'template' that would store all the settings, so that all I have to do is edit and save as? I've tried editing the Default Script but it looks like that's just for show!

In anticipation, thank you for your help.

And what exactly does each of these new scripts do? Are they all the same but with different names? Can you post one of the scripts?

Important Information

Terms of Use