Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Hello FileMaker users

Aleks

Hello All -- I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Aleks from Milwaukee, WI. I work for Rockwell Automation and I am helping to create a database for our world wide inventory of tools. My team was looking for a way to build a database and opted to use Microsoft Access :cold:, but after visiting a couple of FM12 seminars, I finally convinced everyone to give FileMaker a try and here we are. My knowledge is pretty basic, and I am here to learn more and get answers to some questions and help give any answers to questions others might have. I thank you all in advance :D

Welcome!

I've trained a lot of people who are current or former MS Access developers and the constant refrain has been "is it really that simple?!" Every tool seems to fit somewhere in the larger scheme of things, but I think you'll find most of FileMaker to be a refreshingly simple yet incredibly extensible and powerful tool!

All the best,

Jim

Certified Developer v7-12

Authorized Trainer v7-12

http://www.surefootdata.com

Minneapolis, MN

Thank you Jim. You hit the nail on the head as my initial reaction is indeed, "damn, is it really that easy." I'm currently still just in the process of trying to figure everything out so that I may have a successfully running basic database for my company, but even at this point I am absolutely loving FileMaker

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.