Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Printing 2 layouts duplex

Roxbury.Camp

We are a rental campground and I'm using filemaker to produce contracts for our rental groups. My contract is laid out as follows:

Page 1:

Header

Body

Footer

Page 2:

Policies & Guidelines

The only part that changes for each group is the Body -- I had originally done it as one layout, but because I only want the header and footer on page 1, if I want to print multiple records, it won't put my header on all of my records, nor will it print page 2 more than once. Ideally, page 2 will print on the back of page 1.

What's the best way to accomplish this?

Additionally, the body section of my layout I have used the print/sliding feature to remove blank space accordingly. If my body would bleed onto the second page, is there a way to write a script that would shrink the body only to fit on 1 page?

Thanks for the help!

The only part that changes for each group is the Body -- I had originally done it as one layout, but because I only want the header and footer on page 1, if I want to print multiple records, it won't put my header on all of my records, nor will it print page 2 more than once.

Option 1: Eliminate the header and footer altogether, but before you do note the location of the header information on the page and copy it to the top of the body. Do the same with the footer. The you can have both pages on the same layout.

Option 2: The alternative is to have two separate layouts and use a scripted print process. The script prints page one and then goes to the page 2 layout and prints it.

As long as you printer supports both side printing I think it is a matter of specifying in the print dialog page. I would think option one would be the best since you physically place the items on two different pages.

Getting rid of the header is the easy part...the hard part is placing the "footer and 2nd page" section in the body so that it will always print in the same spot - since the contract information in my body exceeds 1 page...at this point, it has not printed on more than one page, because of the print/sliding feature that I am using...but in order to have enough space that if all my boxes were filled, it would bleed onto a 2nd page. If there is a way to attach a picture, I could show an image of my contract layout for clarification.

We do have a duplex printer...so maybe just writing the print script to print 2 layouts would be easiest...how do I write that script?

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hello. It's been awhile since I've been to this forum. I have also been looking for a script solution to this issue as I have a database with two layouts (a front side and a back side) that I want to print to a single page front and back. I have a Savin C4540 MFD with a duplexer installed. Has anybody come up with a script solution?

Important Information

Terms of Use