Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

windows is searching for filemakerpro.exe all of a suddent FMPro won't open

mattsilverman

I think I must have deleted something from the windows folder by accident. But FM Pro 6.0v4 which I have used daily for years and years wouldn't open. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Running Windows xp. Then I got the message "windows is searching for filemakerpro.exe.

I can't figure what to do to get it working. Probably something simple. Any ideas? Would be grateful for the help.

Matt

I have just discovered the same problem as you, Matt. Last time I used FM Pro 6 was Sunday (7 May) and all was well. I am using FM as my doc manager for my thesis so am heavily reliant on it. Have you had a break-through yet? I, too, would be grateful for any help.

Sandy

Matt, I have discovered what happened to FM Pro on my machine. Norton AntiVirus, which I have been using happily for as long as I have been using FM, suddenly took it upon itself to declare the file "FileMaker Pro.exe" a threat and deleted it without prior warning or post-hoc notification. The deletion was done silently, sometime between Sunday and yesterday. I only learned what had happened after I had uninstalled FMPro 6 and re-installed if successfully last night. As soon as I launched FM, I got a Norton pop-up to say it had quarantined and then deleted their perceived "threat" - FileMaker Pro.exe. I was able to get Norton to reinstate the file and FM was immediately back in business (and so was my thesis). Are you using Norton or other anti-virus system which might have done the same to your set up? Hope this helps.

Sandy

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.