Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Scripting Examples

RCM9

Can anyone suggest a source for FM script examples? I'm new to FM but not new to databases and scripting. I can learn as much from examining "good" script as I can from the available tutorials and other training materials offered. Thanks.

RCM

There are many FileMaker help books (Missing Manual, Bible, Dummies Guide) that cover scripting, but I purchased one a couple years ago that was a pretty good reference.

Here it is: FileMaker® 9 Developer Reference: Functions, Scripts, Commands, and Grammars, with Extensive Custom Function Examples by Bob Bowers, Steve Lane and Scott Love (Aug 12, 2007) which I found on Amazon just now. You can follow this link to find the book.

Even though you are using version 12 (with its new file structure), I believe that the scripting is pretty much the same as back to v7 or even earlier (at least the basics of scripting).

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the reference to the "Filemaker 9 Developer Reference.....". I have access to the book and it helps. However, it still seems that there is a real scarcity of training materials and examples for scripting, functions, triggers, etc. in the Filemaker world. I guess the market is just not there.

Important Information

Terms of Use