Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

variable identification calculation

gkrambati143

This is a forum where people come in and say "I am trying to do this thing. Here is where I am stuck...".

This is NOT a free FileMaker-garage where you park your database and say "Here's my database, please fix it".

Maybe someone else feels differently and will opt to help you. Or perhaps not: as a limited access member you aren't allowed to post files, and uploading them to a third party site and giving us the link here is sort a maneuver around that.

I did look at your screen shot (the .png file) and I haven't the vaguest idea what is working and what isn't:

Snap2.png

If you re-explain what you're trying to do with tea and milk and so on in the field called chat?

Presumably SOME of what is showing in your screen shot is NOT as you want it. But I can't figure out what you did to get

tea is good

tea is bad

milk is white

milk has calcium

let alone how to fix it if that's your problem, that it should say something different from that in chat.

plz can anyone help me

TABLE::TEXT =

List(

If ( bever = "yes" ; ValueListItems ( Get ( FileName ) ; "bever" ) ) ;

If ( junk = "yes" ; ValueListItems ( Get ( FileName ) ; "junk" ) ) ;

If ( fruits = "yes" ; ValueListItems ( Get ( FileName ) ; "fruits" ) ) ;

If ( animals = "yes" ; ValueListItems ( Get ( FileName ) ; "animals" ) )

)

TABLE::FINAL=

removeduplicates ( text )

TABLE::CHAT=

List(

If ( bever = "yes" ; ValueListItems ( Get ( FileName ) ; "google" ) ) ;

If ( junk = "yes" ; ValueListItems ( Get ( FileName ) ; "twitter" ) ) ;

If ( fruits = "yes" ; ValueListItems ( Get ( FileName ) ; "facebook" ) ) ;

If ( animals = "yes" ; ValueListItems ( Get ( FileName ) ; "orkut" ) )

)

What you have done makes no sense to me. You want the field "Table::Chat" to be based upon the values of the items in Table::Final, yet you are using the same calculation as you used for Table::Text except with different file references.

Why are you referencing other files?

This is NOT a free FileMaker-garage where you park your database and say "Here's my database, please fix it".

It certainly isn't.

- Mods and helpfuls are unpaid volunteers not in the service of Filemaker.com or Filemakertoday.com

- But the site needs your financial support. that's why we ask you to upgrade your membership for a small fee and then you will be able to upload and download attached files.

- Posting links is therefore frowned upon mightily. Site owner's policy is we should delete them and kick you out. But we're not very consequent about it, bunch of softies that we are. So at least be specific about your problems, post them as real questions and please consider upgrading to support the forum.

It certainly isn't.

- Mods and helpfuls are unpaid volunteers not in the service of Filemaker.com or Filemakertoday.com

- But the site needs your financial support. that's why we ask you to upgrade your membership for a small fee and then you will be able to upload and download attached files.

- Posting links is therefore frowned upon mightily. Site owner's policy is we should delete them and kick you out. But we're not very consequent about it, bunch of softies that we are. So at least be specific about your problems, post them as real questions and please consider upgrading to support the forum.

oops i really dont know this please excuse me this time it wont happen ever again.

wow sybscription only 99$ but i dont have paypal account because i dont have credit card i am trying to sign up with debit card but not accepting

Important Information

Terms of Use