Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

GetRepetition

Rook2Q5

I'm using the GetRepetition calc for the first time in a long time and it's giving me a little aginaaaah! First of all, the 3-storage text field is called obpanelists. I'm out of room in my portal contact_test to include it on the "Contact" layout, so, clever me creates another layout -- "Enter Panelists Name," with the same portal, but containing just two fields: record id (called testID) and the repetition field, obpanelists. Back to Contact layout, user adds a new test, selects "Oral Board" from testCategory value list. Script trigger pops open the "Enter Panelists Name" window when user exits testCategory. User enters a name into each repetition field. Closes the window and commits the data on close.

When I go to my test detail layout to view the repetition entries, I get nothing but the commas between the repetition fields in my testexplanation calc below. This portion is part of a larger case statement calc; the repetition data are the only values not coming through.

testCategory = "Oral Board" ; TextStyleAdd ( "Oral Board Review - of 100 possible points:" ; bold ) & ¶ &

"(Avg. of 3 Panelist's scores, rounded to nearest tenth)" & ¶ &

TextStyleAdd ( " Panelists: " ; Italic ) & GetRepetition ( OBPanelists ; 1) & ", " & GetRepetition ( OBPanelists ; 2) & ", " & GetRepetition ( OBPanelists ; 3)

Appreciate your help.

Rook

What happens if you add the table:

GetRepetition ( Sometable::OBPanelists ; 1)

Or the context of calculation is not right?

Yes, checked that; and when the pop-up window opens I noticed that the record id is not the same as the active record I'm working with. Even though all relevant IDs are on the layout. Now when I use a plain "Go to Related Record" script sans pop-up window, it works perfectly. I appreciate you showing me where I've gone wrong on my pop-up window trigger script. Here's the code.

Open OBR Panelists code =

If

[ Contact_RelatedTests::testCategory = "Oral Board"]

Freeze Window

New Window [Name: “OBR Panelists”; Height: 50; Width: 20; Top: Get (WindowTop) +30; Left: Get(WindowLeft)

Go To Related Record [show only related records; From table: “Contact_RelatedTests”;

Using layout: “Test: Enter Panelists” (Contact_RelatedTests)]

Select Window [Current Window]

Show/Hide Status Area [Lock; Hide]

Set Field [Contact_RelatedTests::OBPanelists] //a post-entry Close Window button does that

//and returns user to original layout

Else

Go to Next Field

End if

Rook

I finally got a working script; a bit cumbersome, but end result is success. If you can recom a sleeker script, much appreciated.

Open OBR Panelists code =

If

[ Contact_RelatedTests::testCategory = "Oral Board"]

Freeze Window

Go to Related Record [From table: "Contact_RelatedTests";

Using Layout: "Test Details (Contact_RelatedTests)]

Go to Field [select/perform; Contact_RelatedTests::TestID]

Copy [select; Contact_RelatedTests::TestID]

Adjust Window [minimize]

New Window [Name: “OBR Panelists”; Height: 50; Width: 20; Top:

Get (WindowTop) +30; Left: Get(WindowLeft)

Show/Hide Status Area [Lock; Hide]

Go to layout ["Test: Enter Panelists" (Contact_RelatedTests)]

Enter Find Mode[]

Go to Field [select/perform; Contact_RelatedTests::TestID]

Paste [select; Contact_RelatedTests::TestID

Perform Find []

Set Field [Contact_RelatedTests::OBPanelists]

Enter Browse Mode[]

Else

Go to Next Field

End if

Rook

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.