Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

SOLVED: Help me turn off the sidebar!

Ender

The Worldwide Translation, etc. sidebar is driving me nuts. How do I get it to stay collapsed? I'd much rather be able to read the threads and posts without half the window being taken up by a sidebar. :sour:

Ender... there appears to be a problem with Safari 10 & 11 on the mac and jQuery since our most recent upgrade. There is a fix in progress now. Until the fix try using Chrome, Opera or dare I say IE....or do this to clear your sidebar.

sidebar.jpg

How can we use IE? The last version of Internet Explorer was 5.1, I think?

I can confirm that the sidebar won't stay hidden, and it's annoying.

Try it now... just an FYI... annoying or not the sidebar is what generates funds to keep this forum going and at this moment I am annoyed, almost to the point of shutting this thing down right now!

We understand the need for it Ross. We all appreciate your huge efforts to keep the site up and running, and giving us such an invaluable tool to help grow the community.

I honestly see very few complaints about the function of the site. Which is impressive, because I've seen whirlwinds of complaints and insults on other sites over certain functionality. So kudos on keeping this the best FM site on the big net.

Josh Banana

Ender... there appears to be a problem with Safari 10 & 11 on the mac and jQuery since our most recent upgrade. There is a fix in progress now. Until the fix try using Chrome, Opera or dare I say IE....or do this to clear your sidebar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511[/ATTACH]

I do that with every page I visit. Using FireFox 11 on OS 10.6.8.

Problem remains unfixed.

I'll happily click through all your advertisers periodically but I hate ads interfering with my browsing experience. Don't take it personally. I'm the sort of person whose .hosts file ends up chock-full of advertisers' domains redirected to 127.0.0.1 and considers all advertisements anywhere in any context to be pollution.

The major sidebar issue is now fixed... Just click the hide button and you have it no more. I am now ready for next round of small stuff bitching.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.