Drakey

Automatic login from web URL to IWP details please

Drakey

Hello everyone. My first post.

I want to access a FileMaker Pro 7 IWP database from a browser but the URL to contain the database name, account and login details.

Basically an automatic login. It will only be stored on my laptop so no security issues.

Currently I have the database name hidden and login in using guest account with extended privileges.

I found something on the web and have attempted it as follows but get an error message " illegal parameter -authdb

http://195.242.214.173/fmi/iwp/cgi?dbpath=%2Ffmi%2Fiwp%2Fcgi%p3F-db%3DLoginDemo%26-startsession&acct=account&name=demo&password=letmein&login=Login&-authdb

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Drakey

AHunter3

You can't store the account and login details in the URL. But you can make one specific account function as an auto-entered account + password so that a URL that simply goes straight to the database will open it without a login dialog.

Admittedly they don't make it transparently easy.

a) First decide which privilege set the automatically logged-on people or person should have. Read-only, Data Entry Only, or something custom. Whatever priv set you decide to go with, enable Instant Web Publishing only for that privilege set, no others.

b) Enable one and only one account for that privilege set.

c) Under File menu ——> File Options, enable automatic logon for that account. It can be the Guest account, by the way, as long as the Guest account is the only account using the IWP-enabled privilege set.

Drakey

THANK YOU.

It works a treat.

Regards Drakey

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.